Hosting An Event At Home
As we start to get back to gatherings, many of us are hosting events at our home. From graduations, birthdays, baby showers and more we can start celebrating our life’s occasions again! I have been the event planner to many outdoor parties this year, which comes along with a lot of planning.
See my party checklist for hosting your next event at home.
1) Book the essential rentals: These are the logistical structural rentals to execute your event.
- Tent with choice of side walls (can roll up & down)
- Interior ceiling drapes, swag or outside draping to cover polls
- Generator for additional power
- Interior Lighting (bulbs, chandelier, twinkle lights, pin lights)
- Exterior Lighting for catering, entryway, bathrooms
- Trash Cans/Recycling Bins
- Dance Floor, Staging
2) Book the primary rentals: These are the dining rentals for the guest experience.
- Tables (rectangular tables 6ft or 8ft, rounds 60″ or 72″)
- Dining Chairs
- Catering Tables for prep & food service
- Hightop or Cocktail Tables (32″ or 36″ rounds)
3) Book your day-of vendors: These are the creative professionals that execute the day.
- Baker, Bartender, Caterer, Florist, Musician/DJ, Photography, Videography, Stationery Designer, Venue Manager, Day-of Coordinator
You can learn more about all your logistical items needed in our planning product, the Venue Deck!
Photo Credit: Lisa Shreffler | Vendor Team: Hopscotch Bakery, Joni’s Catering, Flowers by Kristine & A. Hunt Designs, Herriott’s Rentals, Create A Scene, BBJ Linen, The Farmstand Barn